If you want to ditch the small screen for a bigger view when using a Wyze camera, why don’t you opt for a TV? But can you view Wyze Cam on Tv?
If it’s possible, what is the procedure? Is a smart TV enough to connect Wyze Cam to the TV? There could be many questions coming to your mind. Here, I’ll answer A to Z on whether you can view Wyze Cam on TV.
Yes, you can connect your Wyze Cam with any Smart TV. Although, smart TV alone may not suffice. That’s why, you can use Amazon Firestick and Chromecast. Also, the setup process may require some technical expertise and effort.
Let us take you through the process.
How to Watch Wyze Cam on TV: Amazon Firestick, Chromecast, and More
With a proper guide, you can setup your Wyze camera to stream the screen on a TV. For both regular and smart TVs, you can use gadgets such as Google’s Chromecast or Amazon’s Fire Stick to view Wyze Cam on TV.
Here is a list of items that we may need to view Wyze Cam on TV:
- Fire Stick, Chromecast, or similar gadgets.
- A stable Wi-Fi connection on both devices.
- An up-to-date Wyze cam firmware, as earlier versions may have connection issues.
- The Wyze app.
- Make sure your system is compatible with the Wyze camera. For example, the Wyze Cam V1 isn’t compatible with Alexa.
Now, let’s move on to the processes in detail.
Steps to View Wyze Cam on TV Using Amazon Firestick
Things You’ll Need:
- Amazon FireTV Stick ( Recent Version).
- Remote that comes with the stick.
- TV with an HDMI port. (Plug the Fire Stick into the HDMI port.)
- Smartphone or Tablet.
- Wyze app installed in the phone or tab.
Step #1: Update your Wyze Cam’s firmware
Make sure to have an internet connection.
In your smart device:
Set up the Wyze cam on the Wyze app> Give the cam a name (eg. garden area) >Tap on the camera’s feed (Wyze app)> Go to settings> Camera Settings> Device Info> Upgrade firmware.
Step #2: Now you need to activate the “Wyze skill” on Alexa.
- Enable Voice Command: Start with enabling the voice command on the Alexa voice remote. The remote comes with the Firestick. To do that simply press the button at the top of the remote.
- Give the Command: Now, simply do a voice command saying “ Alexa, enable the Wyze skill”. You will be redirected to a screen.
- Connect Wyze Account to Alexa: Here you can connect your Wyze account to Alexa. This is done on the TV screen you have selected for viewing the Wyze cam. The Firestick is also plugged into this TV screen.
- Introduce Voice Command: Now perform a voice command such as “ Alexa, Show me the camera ( Name/ Living area). This is when the streaming of the camera will start on your screen.
- Stop Command: If you want to stop, use another voice command such as “Alexa, Stop the streaming of cam (name/living area).
Steps to view Wyze Cam on TV using Chromecast
Things You’ll Need:
- Wyze cam with upgraded firmware.
- (Early model adopters don’t support Chromecast and Google Home.)
- smartphone or tablet with the Google Home app installed.
- Chromecast dongle, connected to a compatible TV.
Step #1: Upgrade firmware
Set up the Wyze Cam. Connect to the Wyze app. Name it. Enter the camera’s live feed. Camera settings> Device info> Upgrade Firmware
Step #2: Setup the Google Home app on your TV
- Google Home App: Start with Downloading Google Home on your TV> follow the Set up procedure > Open the Google Home app from the TV
Step #3: The setup process of the Wyze account on the Google Home app,
At the bottom left corner, find the icon that is house shaped> tap on add> Go to set up device> Enter Works with Google> Find Wyze Home> Enter> Input your Wyze account name and passwords> Sign in> Accept
Step #4: Start Voice command
- Voice Command to Start: Now that you’ve connected the Wyze cams to your Google Home, simply make a voice command to stream the camera feed. Eg. Hey Google, view cam (name/ basement) on the TV.
- Voice Command to Stop: When you need to stop the streaming simply make a command such as, Hey Google, Stop the cam (name/basement) on the TV.
Steps to view Wyze Cam on TV using the Tiny Cam Pro App
Things You’ll Need:
- Tiny Cam Pro app (find it on the app store of smart TVs).
- Smart-enabled TV.
Follow these steps to view your Wyze Cam on Tiny Cam Pro:
Step #1: Camera setup
- Search and open the tiny pro cam on your smart TV
- Find Add IP Camera/ NVR/ DVR and click on it.
- Now input the camera name, followed by the brand and camera model.
Step #2: Wyze account detail
- Input Wyze account username, and password.
There will be a channel number for the camera on the Wyze app. Input that as well.
How to get the channel number: To know the channel’s number, open the Wyze app> the top option is number 1> Assign channel number as you go down> Note the number for the camera you want to view, eg. garage is channel number 5.
Step #3: Check the camera status
Scroll Up to check the camera status. This will let you know if you have performed the setup correctly or not. Remember the status will be incomplete even when the device is not compatible with Wyze Cam.
Phone’s Mirror Share to view Wyze Cam on TV
Smartphones nowadays come with a mirror share feature. This enables the phone’s screen to duplicate the TV screen.
It means if you are viewing Wyze cam on a smartphone device, you can reflect it on the TV screen as well.
ANDROID CAST SCREEN feature to Mirror mobile to TV
For an Android device, (mirror casting is available since Android lollipop 5.0)
- Step #1: From the top of the screen, drag down twice to get quick settings.
- Step #2: Look for the cast option or Smart view. In some mobile, the cast option will be named Smart View (Samsung mobile). Tap on it. If you fail to find any, simply search in the edit option. You can drag the cast option to the quick setting tray.
- Step #3: You’ll find your TV’s name among a list of names or nearby devices. Now, you will see no devices. It is because you need to enable your TV.
- Step #4: Tap on your TV’s name. Wait for it to get connected to the phone.
Tip: Remember to keep the phone in landscape orientation.
You can also get apps from the Google play store to mirror screens from your mobile to TV
- Step #1: Swipe down or in some models swipe up the quick setting option.
- Step #2: tap on the screen mirror icon. The icon looks like two boxes overlapped on each other.
- Step #3: the iPhone will now list the devices that are on the same Wi-Fi network. The TV also needs to be compatible with AirPlay. Make sure the Tv is on.
- Step #4: When finding the TV, tap on it and it will be connected automatically within a few seconds.
Wyze Cam Compatibility with Different TV Brands
|Brands||Compatible or not|
|Samsung Smart TV||Yes, via Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast.|
|TCL Roku TV||Yes, via Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast.|
|Panasonic||Yes, via Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast.|
|Bravia||The Wyze app is not available on this device. But you can use it via Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast.|
Is It Possible to Use Wyze Cam on TV Without the Internet?
You can use the Wyze cam on TV without using the internet. However, during the initial setup, you need to have a stable internet connection. No matter which system you use to connect Wyze Cam and TV, the installation process and configurations all require an internet connection.
Also, Wyze Cam allows you to live stream footage without needing an internet connection. However, connect to the internet when you want to make changes using the app or get notifications.
Wyze apps are not available to download on smart TVs. However, some of the newest WebOS-enabled versions will allow you to download the app directly. According to Wyze.com, Again, if you have an Amazon TV or Firestick 4K, you can easily get the Wyze app to use with your Wyze cam.
Wyze does not have an app for smart TVs in particular. However, with the help of a Firestick, Chromecast, or Tinycam Pro, you can view Wyze Cam on your smart TVs. Nevertheless, according to the Wyze.com community, the Wyze app will be available for WebO-enabled smart TVs (e.g., LG).
The Bottom Line
I hope you’ve got your answer on how to view Wyze cam on TV in different ways. Remember, to complete the entire setup process, you require a bit of technique. However, get those cameras set up, turn on your TV, and start monitoring your home like a pro!
If you have any other Wyze Cam tips or tricks, be sure to share them in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
Wait! Before going to leave the page, if you’re a user of Wyze Doorbell, you can read our guide to troubleshooting wyze doorbell.