How to Reset a Zmodo Camera? Might sound like a tricky task, but don’t worry; I have your back!
Any malfunction in the Zmodo security camera would need you to reset it. However, the resetting method may vary from model to model.
In today’s post, I’ll guide you step-by-step through the simple process of resetting your Zmodo camera. I’ll also share some quick fixes for common issues, and show you how to get your camera back up and running in no time.
So, stay with me till the end to know more about your security mate and be your own service person when needed.
Things You Should Care Before Resetting Your Zmodo Camera
Resetting your Zmodo camera can solve several issues. However, there are a few things that you should care about before resetting.
The very first thing you should care about is backing up any important data or information. If you have any important images or videos saved in your camera, make sure you have a backup before performing a reset. Because once you do the reset, all data will be gone.
Before you go for the reset, you can try troubleshooting the issue and see if you can solve the issue without resetting. It’ll save you time and effort for sure.
What Are The Different Ways To Reset A Zmodo Camera?
There are several ways to reset a Zmodo camera. It depends on the model of the camera and the type of reset you need. Here are some ways to reset your Zmodo camera.
- Soft Reset: With a soft reset, you can reboot the camera without deleting any of the settings. You can perform it by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds until the camera restart.
- Hard Reset: A hard reset erases all the settings and restores of the camera to its factory default settings. You can perform it by pressing and holding the reset button for 20 seconds or so until the camera restarts.
- Reset via Zmodo App: You can install the Zmodo app on your smartphone and reset your camera by logging into your account and selecting the camera. The reset option is in the camera’s settings option.
- Reset via Zmodo DVT/NVR: If your Zmodo camera is connected to a DVR/NVR, you can reset it from their interface. Go to the device management menu and select the camera you want to reset, then click delete. In this way, the camera will be removed from the system and reset to its default settings.
These are some of the ways to reset your Zmodo camera. The model of the camera and its purpose will determine the reset method you will need to perform.
How to Reset a Zmodo Camera? Step By Step
Below are three step by step resetting guide
1. Resetting Zmodo Wireless Camera
As I said earlier, the reset method depends on specific models. However, here, I’ll show you some general steps to resetting Zmodo wireless cameras:
- Step #1: Locate the reset button: In most Zmodo wireless cameras, you can locate the reset button at the bottom or at the side of the camera.
- Step #2: Press and hold the reset button: Press and hold the reset button with a paperclip or similar pointy object. Press and hold for at least 10-15 seconds. While holding it, the indicator light will start to blink.
- Step #3: Release and wait: After 10-15 seconds of holding, release the reset button and wait for a few minutes until the camera restart. The indicator light will continue to blink.
- Step #4: Reconnect to the Wi-Fi: When your camera restarts, connect your camera to your Wi-Fi network using the Zmodo app. Open the app and select the camera you just reset. Follow the instructions to connect it to your network.
After resetting in this way, your Zmodo wireless camera will erase all your previous settings. So, you have to set up the camera again as if it were a new device.
2. Resetting the Zmodo PTZ camera
Follow these simple steps to reset your Zmodo PTZ camera:
Step #1: Power off the camera and locate the reset button
Unplug the Zmodo PTZ camera from the power source or just remove the power cable from the camera and turn it off. Next, locate the reset button. It should be at the bottom of the camera.
You will see a small pinhole, and there will be a reset button inside the hole. You will need a pointy object to reach the button.
Step #2: Press and hold the reset button
Now, press and hold the reset button for at least 10-15 seconds until you see the indicator light starting to blink. Release the button after almost 15 seconds and wait for a few minutes.
In those couple of minutes, the camera will reset itself. The indicator light will stop blinking and remain still during that time.
Step #3: Reconfigure the camera
Once the reset process is done, you must configure the camera using the Zmodo app. Log in to the app and follow the prompts to set up the camera. It also includes reconnecting the camera to your Wi-Fi camera.
3. Resetting Zmodo NVR/DVR or IP Camera
You can reset your Zmodo NVR or IP camera similarly, as I mentioned above. But there’s another way you can do it, from the settings menu. Let’s see how to do this:
Step #1: Log in to the Zmodo DVR
Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your Zmodo camera to access its web interface. Give your login information for logging in. Now, go to the system menu or main menu and select general settings.
Step #2: Restore to default
You will see a list on the left side of the interface. From there, select the default option. The NVR system will ask for your confirmation now. If you select ok, you will be asked to enter your admin password. Insert the password and click enter to proceed.
Once the restore process is completed, the system will reboot on its own.
What Should You Do If Your Zmodo Camera Not Connecting, Working, And Recording After Reset?
There could be some issues after you reset your Zmodo camera, such as not connecting, working, or recording. There is very less chance that you will face these issues. If you still face any of them, I have some tips for you to solve them.
You can double-check your camera to see if it’s properly connected to power and your Wi-Fi network. A simple loose cable or weak signal can cause the problem.
Updating your Zmodo camera’s firmware can fix any pesky bugs and help your camera get back on its feet. You can visit the Zmodo website or the mobile app to check for any available updates.
If you’re still experiencing issues, check the Wi-Fi configuration and make sure your camera is connected to the correct network. Ensure that your camera has the correct date and time, which can affect your camera’s ability to record.
Still no luck? Let’s check the storage. If your camera has a microSD card, ensure it’s snugly inserted and has enough space for new recordings. You can also format the SD card if nothing works.
When none of these methods work, you can always contact Zmodo customer care for any support.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, resetting your camera will not erase any recordings. But you may need to set up your recording settings again after the reset.
In most Zmodo models, the reset button is at the bottom of the camera, and it looks like a pinhole. If you still can’t find the reset button on your camera, read the user manual or contact Zmodo customer support for assistance.
You don’t need to reset your Zmodo camera regularly unless you’re experiencing technical problems that require a reset. I recommend you reset your Zmodo camera only when necessary.
It only takes a few seconds to reset a Zmodo camera using the reset button or pinhole. But a factory default reset might take a few minutes as you must set up the device again.
Different models of Zmodo cameras have different ways of resetting them. Remember, resetting will never cause any data loss, but a hard or factory reset will.
Resetting your Zmodo camera can help fix certain problems and ensure it functions properly. Just follow the specific instructions for your camera model and method of resetting.
If you have any further questions or complications, don’t hesitate to contact Zmodo’s support center for assistance.